Since I moved to Georgina, I have taken an active role in the community through volunteering and leadership roles. I believe in getting involved to help others, building relationships, as well as to develop my skills and personal interests.
In addition to volunteering, I have been an active member of the Georgina Chamber of Commerce from 2010 to 2018, and the Horticultural Society 2013 to present. Here are only some ways that I have been involved in Georgina, as a volunteer:
- 2012 to present – Rogers TV – Volunteer Host and Community Producer – 100 shows completted!
- 2013 to present – Georgina Salvation Army Christmas Kettles
- 2016 to present – Georgina Optimist Club, Toy Drive
- 2012 to 2019 – 25+ Volunteer appearances on Rogers TV show Georgina Life to promote accessibility & lifestyle options
- 2015 to 2018 – Georgina Cares Auction on air Host & bid taker
- 2010 to 2018 – 35+ Free talks & movement breaks at schools and senior centres
- 2010 to 2018 – 80+ Free community classes at my studio
- 2010 to 2015 – Volunteer Lead Representative for the Georgina Healing Arts Centre, a co-operative based business accelerator
- 2017 – Georgina Economic Development Committee
- 2014, 2018 – Hospice Hike, warm up leader
- 2012 to 2016 – Terry Fox Run, warm up leader
- 2013 & 2014 – Alzheimer’s Walk-a-thon, warm up
- 2009 to 2010 – Heart & Stroke Board of Directors
- 2006 to 2012 – Heart & Stroke Leader, Big Bike & P2P Zone leader
I have served on the following Communities as a Councillor 2017/18:
- Equity and Diversity Advisory
- Environmental Advisory
- Selection Commitee
- Library Board
I am currently serving on the Georgina Trails and Active Transportation Committee for the 2018 -2022 term as Vice-Chair. Community engagement, and civic responsibility has been a natural inclination since my early youth.